20081013

My Defense - "I'm breakable" MCD
(self - released)
My Defense's new EP is out!
I got copy of the 1st press of this record that was released before summer when My Defense were searching for a label to put out their new opus. Unfortunately or fortunately, this did not happen, so My Defense decided to release "I'm breakable" in the good ol' DIY way.
For those that do not know My Defense; they are coming from Cologne / Germany and they feature a nice buddy of mine, Perry, that is actually a Greek kid that lives and studies in Germany. The band has already released a self produced demo, plus their debut album "For damn those hardcore junkies" via Striving For Togetherness Records.
It was time for a new EP, so here we have this 6 song (plus an intro) MCD...
Without exaggerating, I have to say that this record is one of the best old school hardcore / punk ones that came out in 2008.
Melodic Cali hardcore / punk at its best!!! If you are into bands like Shelter, Youth of Today, 7 Seconds & Good Riddance, you'll definitely dig My Defense.
I think that they are influenced by The Offspring, as well, in "I'm breakable".
Their style is old school American hardcore but their melodic hooks and the Californian influence bring in mind So-Cal punk rock bands as well, so in other words this is the best mixture between hardcore and punk rock music!
The lyrics are about personal issues & scene - related topics (like the "fuck violent dancing" song), and they are really good.
I also like so much Perry's vocals, while the guitar riffs are stuck in my head forever.
Enough.
Go buy this.
www.my-defense.de
www.myspace.com/mydefense