20090314

Drown My Day "One Step Away from Silence" MCD
{Spook Records}
Drown My Day is a deathcore band from Cracow, Poland.
They exist since 2004 and this MCD is their first official release, following a 3-songs demo that they self-released in 2007.
"One Step Away from Silence" features an intro (I think it's "Carmina Burana"...) and 5 songs of brutal deathcore / death metal music.
I could draw comparisons with bands like The Black Dahlia Murder, All Shall Perish, Despised Icon, Parkway Drive and Job For A Cowboy, but I don't like so much all this new metalcore / deathcore trend, as you may already know, so I prefer to connect them with Heaven Shall Burn and - why not? - Dying Fetus (not so much brutal, though).
If you are used to the new deathcore sound, then you may already have imagined what this MCD is all about; that means brutal / screaming vocals, melodic guitar riffs, double bass drumming, beatdowns, some solos etc.
Yeah, it's not my cup of tea at all, but I must admit that I find this record interesting and easy to listen to, even if I sometimes got bored (sorry...!).
To be honest, I really prefer to listen to "true" deathcore or just death metal like Konkhra, Hate Eternal, Misery Index and Bolt Thrower instead of all these new bands, though...
Nevertheless, Drown My Day, has the potential to become a well known band in Europe and they have already shared the stage with Death Before Dishonour, Pro-Pain and Zuul FX, among tens of others.
Give them a chance if you are into this sound, you'll definitely like 'em.
I really enjoyed the art side of this record, as well. Check out H8 Designs, they rule.
http://www.myspace.com/drownmyday
http://www.myspace.com/xspookrecordsx
http://www.myspace.com/h8designs