20111102


Blank Veins

s/t 7"

UNC


Early August 2011...

I buy this piece of wax from Mountza Store (www.mountza.blogspot.com) along with some Maximum Rock 'N' Roll magazines...

At first, to be honest, I didn't have no idea what exactly this band was into. I had heard that they were playing something like garage rock with a noisy approach and that was all...

Fast forward 3 months...

This evening I decided to play this record and find out what it's all about...

First of all, the 7" is limited to just 177 hand-numbered copies and I have the copy no.8.

Moreover, the whole artwork is extraordinarily minimal; Blank Veins in white color on a black background; the titles of the songs plus the day of their recording and UNC-1, 2011 (I guess this is some kind of a label they just used to release this 7") in black color on a white background. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, let's get to the point...

'First and final wash' and 'Bloody thumb' are 2 songs that will make your ears bleed.

This is a wall of noise that will conquer your head during the time you are listening to Blank Veins.

Obviously I'm not an expert in this kind of music, but I'd definitely claim that this band deliver noisy rock at its best.

There are some garage and post-punk stitches, as well.

Flipper and Sonic Youth may be among their influences, but I dunno...

Btw, did I mention that they are from Greece (and specifically Thessaloniki, if I'm right...)?

The record was recorded in one take on 19th May 2010, and it was released one year later.

If you are into all this shit that you read above, go get this 7" either from Blank Veins themselves or Panos / Mountza.

Play it loud.


www.blankveins.blogspot.com