20100308

TEAMKILLER
's/t' MCD
Cobra Records
Cobra X Records is one of the most sincere & best quality hardcore record labels coming out of Germany nowadays.
When I got Dave's sweet package, the first thing that grabbed my attention was Teamkiller's long awaited new MCD, their latest record before joining Let It Burn Records, released on 30th December of 2009.
I've been following Teamkiller since their split 7" with Bleed Into One and I can assure you that they are one of the best upcoming European hardcore acts. Their self-titled MCD (released also in 10" format) includes 5 songs of mid tempo hardcore with heavy guitar riffs / solos and clean vocals. They remind me of early NYHC stuff and bands like Cro-Mags and Leeway, but with a modern touch that brings in mind Justice or The Ice.
Song no.3 called 'Spiritual Relief' even reminds me of Metallica, yeap.
All in all, Teamkiller managed to release a quality record (and we miss quality in today's hardcore scene...) that all the hardcore kids must check out.
The production is super, of course, while the cover is simple yet alright. I don't wanna comment on the band's poser photo included in the booklet, though.
I'm patiently waiting for the new full length...
http://www.teamkiller.com
http://www.myspace.com/cobraxrecords