20100501

X-State Ride / Waiting For Better Days
split CD
Indelirium Records
Hm... I find this split a bit boring, dunno why, but it doesn't make that click to me.
To be more precise, I think that a lot of Italian bands follow that progressive melodic hardcore / punk style lately and they sound a bit the same to me...
On the one side, there are 5 songs of X-State Ride, a band from Bologna that exists since late 2000. The band is into technical punk rock in the vein of Propagandhi, Satanic Surfers, Atlas Losing Grip and the likes. I like them better than Waiting For Better Days. I can easily listen to them at any time, but their songs don't stick to my mind at all.
On the other hand, Waiting For Better Days is a newer band (they play since 2007, if I'm right). I distributed their previous EP via my distro. As far as I remember, there's also a review in this blog for that EP. Their main problem is that they have to figure out what they wanna play because they gather influences from modern hardcore and metalcore to melodic punk rock but they cannot connect them well.
That's all, I think. Ah! The cover sucks, sorry dudes.
Don't take it as a bad review. I just expect a lot from the Indelirium Records' releases and this split CD is not that 'more' at all.
Give it a try, you may like it.
www.myspace.com/xstateride
www.myspace.com/waiting4betterdays
www.cruzaderecords.com
www.indeliriumrecords.com