20130209


DIG
Socially disabled 12"
Street Survival Records

'not from the right place, not with the right face. trying to do what it takes not to sink. avoiding to get eaten up and away by my harassing demons inside. my own shadow taking hold of me, becoming my best enemy. blinding me into a silence nightmare, a mutism i couldn't fight. forcing a fake apathy to everyone not to see how weak i have become, for hyenas not to come. used to know what i wanted, used to be passionate, used to make no compromise. used to know what i wanted, used to be passionate, used to live as a free soul. it's not hard to pretend you are. all the words i didn't get back then make so much sense all of a sudden, i still hate crowds and everyone in. but if you look deep into my eyes you can see through the lies, that i'm not a fucking bad guy that your hate should run dry. forcing a fake apathy for everyone not see how weak i have become, for hyenas not to come. used to know what i wanted, used to be passionate, used to make no compromise. used to know what i wanted, used to be passionate, used to live as a free soul. don't wait for me. struggling against the ghosts of what could have been, of what should have been, i'm done with the fighting.'

The first demo of DIG was released back in 2010 and the cover was featuring a picture of Notorious B.I.G. That was already a reason to make me dive deeper into the band's profile. The record cover of their first 12" was also intriguing. An X-ed hand tying the shoelaces of a pair of Nike sneakers. I always hated to see pictures / covers featuring commercial 'straight edge' related symbols and i find it a bit silly to make you record seem like a multinational company's advertisement. But that X on the hand was really huge. Reminded me of the 90s.
So, DIG is a great heavy hardcore band from Paris, France. And I can definitely say that I dig their music and the negative yet honest attitude towards society and the world in general. 
They are releasing a split 7" with Poland's Reality Check anytime soon.
If you are into bands like No Turning Back and Cornered, check them out for sure. 

xdigx.bandcamp.com
streetsurvivalrecords.com